Thursday, August 12, 2010

Milner Gardens



While recently staying with my niece in Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, we enjoyed a lovely afternoon at the famous Milner Gardens.   

There are 60 acres of old-growth forests, as well as 10 acres of gardens displaying native plants and flowers from all of the temperate zones of the world.  Not only has Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip been guests here, but Prince Charles and Lady Diana also visited in 1986, during the World Exposition in Vancouver.


At the end of the day, I was filled with a wondrous tranquility.  The forest, the ocean, as well as a glimpse into the past of this regal old home were a much-needed distraction for me. 


 A visit to this gorgeous estate with it's old-world charm and beautiful grounds is definitely a must if you're ever visiting this part of Canada.  The tea and scones are also out of this world!!!

Still no hexies or klosjes completed, though!  I faithfully carry  them along with me in my back-pack, but haven't had any spare moments to stitch!  However, I AM being inspired!

All the best!

Mary Ann

9 comments:

Valentina said...

Oh, Mary Ann!

ria vogelzang said...

It's all beauty! Just gorgeous, Mary Ann!

Valentina said...

Thank you for sharing this amazing experience with all of us, Mary Anne. I still have very found memories of visiting the Butchart Gardens as a child and now I have to visit the Milner as well! I dream, one day, to visit Victoria again!
Thinking of you...

Angela said...

What a beautiful place, Mary Ann! I am glad you got to go there and spend some quiet time.

Dolores said...

And why would you want to stitch when you have such lovely surroundings to look at. Your first photo made me want to go to the bakery - or bake myself.

Aunt 'Reen said...

With so much beauty there to delight the senses - I'll bet you are having a wonderful time!
Stitching will be waiting for you when your trip is over.
Wishing you well!

Doreen

Raewyn said...

What a beautiful place to spend an afternoon; no wonder you were filled with tranquility. Thank you for sharing your photos with us.

ranette said...

It looks so lovely and maybe one day I'll visit there. The scone made my mouth water, I just love them!

Alexandra Abarca said...

Hi Mary Ann:

Thank you for visited my blog, so, my english is not to good either.

I loved all your works, congratulations, I´ll want some day make more things but I work all day, and still studing at university, my husband, kids and the house.... so, I trate to relax making crafts.

Regards,

Ale Abarca
Costa Rica