Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Few Finishes!!!


Well, it's definitely November here in Denmark! Dark, dreary and damp! This is when I especially like sitting in our cozy living room, with a cup of tea and some lit candles! Lifts the spirits and warms the soul!! Here are a little pair of socks I made with some fun yarn that creates a pattern as you knit!


And what is this, you say?! A hat, maybe??? A fun toy for the grand-kids??!!



Nope, it's a tea-cozy for "moi"! In this dismal weather, you need all the COZY you can get your hands on!! I used some wonderful Debbie Bliss yarn here, a Baby Cashmerino that's to die for!!! The pattern is by Sandra Polley, whom I was recently introduced to by Caroline from the Knot Garden!! Thank you, Caroline!



And, I also managed to put together a few of these little pin cushions made with selvedge edges from some of the new Tilda fabrics I recently purchased. I'm making some Tilda Angels, as well, and will take a few pics of them when I'm done!

Have a great day, everyone!

7 comments:

Dolores said...

What a pretty tea cozy and I love the selvage pincushions. Gotta remember that with the stash of selvage I am collecting.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your socks and the tea cosy - it is so cute! I don't drink tea but if I did I would have to do something to keep the tea warm - I don't like cold tea at all and barely like hot tea.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Abby and Stephanie said...

Oh every teapot needs a darling sweater! CUTE pincushion. I've been playing with pincushions too...I did work with my selvedges today. I've felt like Santa's elf...minus the elf suit.

Stina Blomgren said...

I love the Tea cozy!!!!! :o) Made me smile ... what a wonderful idea... :o)

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Hello there! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog:o)
I love your socks! I like knitting too, and I am working on a couple of babysocks these days. Great tea cozy too :o)
Enjoy your weekend,
Laila

Michelle said...

Mary ann...
I adore the socks...fabulous colours...and a tea cozy is just perfect...love the pom-pom on top...

Leanne said...

No knitting around here for a while with temps in the 40C. Isn't Debbie Bliss - Baby Cashmerino just the very best you just want to cuddle it. Cute socks I have never knitted socks perhaps next winter.