Thursday, October 22, 2009

Siggies, etc.!!!!!

Look at the gorgeous siggy I received yesterday from Ineke in the Netherlands!! I must say that she brightened my day with her lovely little penguin!!! I've been a member of Annelie's International Siggie Swap for a couple of years now, but it's seldom that I swap any more, as I actually have enough siggies for several quilts!!! :o)

And here is the siggy I made in return for Ineke. I used some bright Kaffe Fassett fabric and embroidered a little design from Anni Downs' book, Simple Pleasures. A great book to get a hold of if you like really sweet embroidery!!!


Lastly, here's a pic of a pin-cushion I made a while back. I used some selvedge edges, as well as some Tilda fabric scraps that were left over from a swap project! Recycling is so much fun! It gives such a great feeling of satisfaction in creating something cute and practical from virtually nothing at all!

Cheers to everyone!
Mary Ann

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute blocks - especially like the look of the embroidery with the bright print.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

Wow it all looks lovely and that pincushion is a great way to use up scraps !