Friday, April 27, 2007

Babies and Springtime!

A few days ago, I visited my friend and her new-born daughter to deliver the quilt I had made. Oh, it was so nice to hold a wee one again! Babies smell SO good! I couldn't believe how tiny she was! Although being born a month premature, she's already made a substantial weight gain and is such a happy, smiling little girl! We drank tea, reminisced and afterwards took a lovely walk in a nearby botanical park . The rhododendrons were just beginning to display their fantastic colours and the chorus of birds was incredible!

Afterwards, I couldn't help but think how fast the years go by. It seems like only yesterday that my children were this age and I was pushing them in their pram. Now, all of a sudden, I'm a grandmother, with the big 5-0 looming! The grandmother role is one I'm truly happy with, but turning half a century is rather frightening to think about!!! I have heard, though, that it's not quite as painful as one would imagine! We'll soon see!

No comments: