Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Some Finishes For Today...

This is a little "Altoid" candy tin which I've covered in fabric. I got the idea from Val on the Dear Jane list. Many thanks for the inspiration, Val! I picked up a few of these tins on my last trip home to Canada! I think I may to find some more, as they would make nice little gifties!!!

I sewed this little pin-cushion a while back from a pattern from designer, Heather Bailey. I had originally filled it with sand, but wasn't 100% happy with the results, so today I replaced the sand with fibrefill! Much better!!!

Note the little antique "fly"hat pin! I found it at an outdoor flea-market last summer. A bit macabre, but nonetheless, extremely original!


Last, but not least, tulips from my dear husband who continues to brighten my life, especially during these dark, December days! xoxoxo

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I've always wanted to make use of the Altoid tins. I was saving them for a while, but now I just throw them away. I think I'll start saving them again. Can you direct me to the blog you referred to where you got the idea? I might need some directions.

Anonymous said...

This pin-cushion is marvellous!! Do i use your very good idea for a friend of mine please? kisses Christel

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much , i've enjoyed doing it twice , thank you for the link too, i haven't seen it before, but now i can give it to my friends. Kisses
Christel