Friday, June 13, 2008

This and That!


Yesterday, I opened up the new copy of Danish Patchwork Guild's magazine and was surprised to see a picture of some of my work! I occasionally sew display items for the local patchwork shop, Slotshuset, and earlier this year, I made some little critters from Melly and Me designs. Shown in their ad, are Mrs. Perkins the giraffe and Pocket and Floss, a sweet little rabbit-couple!! They were such a pleasure to sew...I also loved using the brilliant-hued fabric of Kaffe Fassett to create with! It makes me soooo happy!!


I'm stitching on my Mom's flannel blanket these days. I'm doing it in the Yellow Brick Road pattern and using these yummy Moda flannels by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Designs. I just need to assemble the blocks and start the quilting process. Stay tuned for pictures!!
Last but not least, if you have a minute to check out Lynette Anderson's blog, you can enter to win a very dear little stitchery pattern in redwork called a Trio of Greetings! Good luck and have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Knot Garden said...

So not only is your work displayed in the local shop but it's in a magazine as well! You should be very proud of that!
I've tagged you, hope you don't mind - details on my blog.
Caroline

Anonymous said...

I was very excited to come across your blog. My Husband and I are traveling from New Jersey in the United States for a cruise out of Copenhagen and I would love to visit a quilt shop there. Can you give me any idea where you are. We are staying at the Ascot Hotel near the Tivolo Gardens. Thank you so much.
Joyce

Mary Ann said...

Hi Joyce...I sent you an email!! Cheers, Mary Ann

Kathrines Quilte Stue said...

Hi Mary Ann :o)

Thank you for your lovely comment on our blog!!
What a great place you have here :o)

Wish you a wonderful summer!!