Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A BIT OF KNITTING AND QUILTING!

I've had the knitting bug the past few weeks, so I thought I'd post a few pics of some projects I've made. A pair of socks for myself and a pair for our little grandson, Axel! Nothing like home-made wool socks to keep the tootsies warm!!! I'm also working on a scarf for myself in alpaca and mohair. It's done in a lace pattern and is proving to be quite a challenge! I hope to have it done soon, though!

On the quilting front, my Dad's flannel snuggler is almost done...it's hopefully going to be a January finish for me!!! Pictures to come!!! I decided to dedicate my New Year's resolution to completing a few of my "UFO's"! Below is a picture of another project, first started in 2003, shortly after I took up quilting! It's hexagons of rose fabrics, sewn together using the English paper-piecing technique. I've now finished piecing this top and am waiting for an up-coming sale to purchase the backing fabric!!!! I'll be using Hobb's 80/20 cotton-poly batting and will hand-quilt this, as well. Stay tuned!!

7 comments:

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Those socks look so nice and warm! As I sit here with freezing cold feet looking out at the typical Canadian winter snowy scene out of my window! My feet are always cold...I'll have to get my friend to knit me some nice wooly socks. These acrylic slippers just don't do it!

From a fellow Canadian,
Jacqui

DebbyMc said...

Oh! I love the socks! I really want to make some...My sister got me a book about making socks for Christmas...I guess I should get it out and try some! And I LOVE those hexes! Can't wait to see that one done! =-)

Anonymous said...

I love the rose hexagons! I am working on a grandmother's flower garden that will probably be a lap quilt. I started it about the same time you started yours and haven't done much on it for a while, but have just started up again. I love to have portable hand work to take with me. How big are you making yours? I like your rose fabric better then what I have (scrappy)!

Knot Garden said...

Those hexagons are in beautiful fabrics.
By coincidence, I too have been working on a a mohair scarf!
I love the colours in those stripy socks.

Kat said...

The socks look great, and the quilt is going to be beautiful. I'll leave the hand quilting to you--I don't have the patience (or the time at the moment with two young kids!).

homespun living said...

Great socks! Someday I'm going to try knitting some.
I really like the hexagons, very beautiful fabrics!

Deb

Anonymous said...

hi there
thanks for your comment on my blog

just checking yours, lol

love your choice of fabrics for the hexagons

oh yes, could you please tell me how you added your flickr badge on your blog, can't get mine there

thanks
lil