Friday, July 1, 2011

A Sneak Preview!!!


 Hello there!  This is a sneak preview of a little dress I've made for our grand-daughter, Seyja!  She will celebrate her first birthday in a few weeks, and Mormor wanted to make her something special!  Her big brother, Ari, turns three just after her birthday, so there'll be lots of partying at their house!

Well, quite a while since I've posted here on my blog!   One of my dear quilting friends has been so kind as to remind me (frequently!) about the lack of new information here, so Elna, this one's for you!!  ;o)


This is a little fabric bowl in the works from a pattern I recently purchased from Färg & Form in Malmø, Sweden.  Designed by Namie Hosogai-Åsenlund, the bowl is made from 2 x 8 tumbler blocks, sewn to a centre octagon (2).  I ironed the pieces onto Veladon (a sturdy form of interfacing), basted the seam allowances over to the wrong side and then hand-sewed the pieces together.  I will glue the outside and inside forms together (thus the clothespins!) to avoid seeing the stitches on the upper edge.  A great little bowl to serve candy in or other goodies on the patio!  A good idea may be to spray some Scotchgard or other fabric protector on before using.


Our garden has been doing wonderfully!  The flowers are blooming and the veggies are thriving!  This is such a lovely time of the year!  When a lot of folks travel south to Greece, Turkey or other warm destinations, we love staying at home, enjoying our country surroundings and the peacefulness of living close to forest, field and fjord!







Hope you're all having a wonderful summer!  
I know that we sure are!  Talk to you soon!








6 comments:

DebbyMc said...

Hi Mary Ann! Darling dress and bowl =-) Your yard looks so inviting and you are so sweet with your dog there! Sounds like your summer is going great! I am staying home this summer as I went to my little house this spring and want to be at home here for awhile now. So good to "see" you again! =-)

Mary said...

Love the patchwork bowl. The little dress looks like it is adorable.

Lene said...

Hej Mary Ann.

Absolut skønne farver. Jeg er vild med stoffet og du er bragende dygtig. Knus fra Lene

Angela said...

It's good to "see" you again! That fabric bowl looks very interesting! :o)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Darling summery party dress. Love the fabrics, especially those dots.

Inge-Lise said...

Hej Mary Ann. Hvor dejligt at se fotos fra jeres have og høre I har det godt...Knus Inge-Lise